Seal Coat/Infrared Superintendent
Since 1996, Brown Brothers Asphalt and Concrete (BBAC) has become Colorado's most trusted asphalt and concrete construction, maintenance, and repair company. Brown Brothers sets the standard for how companies in our industry should do business. With more than 250 employees and over 1,000 jobs completed each year, we deliver the highest quality paved surfaces and service on every job. We seek individuals who are skilled, dependable, honest, and who believe safety is a priority. Whether in the office or on the job site, you'll find a team of hard-working, dedicated people working together to provide the best possible solutions and experience for our customers and employees alike. BBAC is the perfect company for self-starting individuals with the right skills and attitude to build their careers.
The Seal Coat-Infrared Superintendent will be responsible for the overall set-up and placement of high-quality projects. The Superintendent will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the assigned projects to ensure that budget, and objectives are accomplished within the time frame given for the assignments. With the overall knowledge of being able to train a team to perform prominent work to maximize production while maintaining a safe working environment. Will also be responsible for making sure Seal Coat and Infrared teams are safe and are following all the safety policies the company enforces.
Duties, Skills, and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities for all team member under your supervision.
- Ability to develop specific goals, plans, organize and prioritize your work.
- Must be able to handle more than one crew at a time.
- Must be able to maximize production on job.
- Oversees the Sealcoat and Infrared crew (ex: participation in pre- task huddles and CBO completion).
- Must be able to read construction plans, specifications and other project documents and apply them towards the project.
- Ability to work in a productive and efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of quality work.
- Ability to work with project managers to plan and communicate project phasing and deadlines.
- Must be able to understand project budget and work within the limits of the budget.
- Must be able to inspect all the projects daily, prior to starting/departing to ensure there is no hazards and all cleanup is complete.
- Must be able to coordinate and confirm with plants that all Asphalt tonnage and mix types required for Infrared projects.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship between co-workers.
- Responsible for making sure work is performed safe.
- Must be able to have crew wear all the proper safety equipment.
- Must be able to handle any minor situation that occur during the work shift.
- Ability to operate and maneuver sealcoat machines.
- Ability to drive and maneuver trailers.
- Must be responsible for informing the crew of the work schedule and requirements of the job site.
- Ability to report any potential problems or complaints.
- Ability to report all accidents/incidents immediately to your Manager and Safety Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years in Paving and/or Infrared.
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and or in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, managers and customers
- Computer skills must include: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to produce quality work
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, or irregular hours that will be required based on schedule
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to provide legal right to work in the U.S. as BBAC participates in E-Verify
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have a good driving record
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Bilingual is a plus
- Lift and carry 50 (+ -) pounds.
- Work hours as required by the job including early morning, late evening and weekend hours.
- Twist from side to side.
- Push, pull and carry heavy objects.
- Push, pull and carry objects of unique size and shape.
- Carry small to mid-size tools.
- Stand for long time periods.
- Work without limitations in extremely hot conditions.
- Bending over to pick up small - mid size/weight objects.
- Climb onto equipment and onto truck ladders.
- Maintain balance while standing on a moving surface.
- Bend and reach from side to side.
- Look backwards and forwards all day while using equipment.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles such as dust, dirt, fumes, etc
- Ability to work in an external environment and under many weather conditions such as frigid cold, and exposure to vibration and/or loud noise
- Employer will provide appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed, but will be the responsibility of the employee to dress appropriately for the weather conditions
Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2353489