This position requires the ability to do following on a regular / repeated basis without restriction or sustaining injury:
- Lift and carry 50 (+ -) pounds.
- Work hours as required by the job including early morning, late evening and weekend hours.
- Twist from side to side.
- Push, pull and carry heavy objects.
- Push, pull and carry objects of unique size and shape.
- Carry small to mid size tools.
- Stand for long time periods.
- Work without limitations in extremely hot conditions.
- Bending over to pick up small – mid size/weight objects.
- Climb onto equipment and onto truck ladders.
- Maintain balance while standing on a moving surface.
- Bend and reach from side to side.
Work in field environment. Exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions, vibration and/or loud noise.
- Proficient on at least 2 of the following skip, roller, skid steer loader or medium Paver.
- Ability to operate Screed efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to operate a Screw effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to operate topside of a Paver.
- Ability to read and follow plan directions for paving.
- Follow operator's manual on safety and start up procedures.
- Monitors the operational condition of the Paver, noting unusual noises or vibrations; checks all fluid levels before paving.
- Steers the Paver, holding to a predetermined reference within established limits.
- Sets paving speed that balances delivery, hopper capacity, and compaction, preventing extended stops.
- Works with screed operator to establish and maintain the proper head of material.
Directs truck drivers to maintain a continued delivery of material in a safe and efficient manner.
Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2638375