- This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a paving raker.
- One to three (1-3) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on paving.
- High school diploma preferred
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
Under the direction of the Paving Supervisor, the Paving Raker is a skilled craft person that assists with the application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using handheld tools. Must partner with other crew members to pave roadways per plan specifications and if need be, to perform tasks of other positions as instructed by a supervisor to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project.
- Responsible for the finished product while enforcing proper safety and traffic precautions.
- Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material.
- Distribute and rake asphalt material used in construction, repair and resurfacing.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grade and thickness to properly adhere material to the road surface.
- Repair utility cuts by removing temporary material and replacing with permanent hot asphalt material
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a 'safety first' attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2153677