Since 1996, Brown Brothers Asphalt and Concrete has become Colorado's most trusted asphalt and concrete construction, maintenance, and repair company. Brown Brothers sets the standard for how companies in our industry should do business. With more than 250 employees and over 1,000 jobs completed each year, we deliver the highest quality paved surfaces and service on every job. We seek individuals who are skilled, dependable, honest, and who believe safety is a priority. Whether in the office or on the job site, you'll find a team of hard-working, dedicated people working together to provide the best possible solutions and experience for our customers and employees alike. BBAC is the perfect company for self-starting individuals with the right skills and attitude to build their careers.
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for coordinating and planning of heavy civil construction projects to include dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete work. Responsible for crews having the materials when they need them, the correct tools, the right working environment, the correct information, the right equipment, and enough manpower to get the work done on time and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Management Team and all Superintendents to track labor and production costs on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain multiple projects at one time
- Ability to coordinate and manage production and project support staff
- Act as a primary customer contact for all issues relating to the scope of work
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external customers to resolve all issues arising from the performance of the customer's specification and other contract terms and conditions
- Review in detail contract specifications and contract requirements to ensure company compliance and customer satisfaction
- Prepare all necessary submittals to meet customer requirements including Engineering submittals, product data sheets, column data, and test reports, etc.
- Attend pre construction meetings or other customer required meetings as needed
- Prepare and maintain project schedules. Schedules will include a detailed breakdown of all time lines for the completion of the contracted project as well as cost loading
- Coordinate all milestone dates and any changes with the appropriate internal and external customers
- Issue and reconcile purchase orders (PO)
- Monitor and coordinate all project scope of work changes
- Assist the management team in resolving internal concessions with internal departments concerning issues that do not require customer approval and that meet form, fit, and function
- Responsible for resolving external concessions with the customer that involve non - compliance with customer specifications
- 5+ years of experience working in a Construction Project Management, Estimating or Civil Engineering role preferred. Field experience in concrete work is highly desirable
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field of study, or High school diploma and 6 years of related experience in estimating and project management of construction projects
- Requires strong managerial and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understand business and industry technology
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Must be able to work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of cost control systems, computerized estimating, quantity takeoff, and scheduling programs
- Ability to work with Sr. Management, accounting, payroll, and field personnel
- Be customer focused, willing to work nights and weekends when needed, and be committed to supporting the company's safety program
Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2263082