- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in construction-related role
- A background as a blade or box-blade operator is ideal
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Ability to become an approved company driver
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and random drug tests, post-hire
- Must be able to work six days a week, including weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
Brown Brothers was established in 1996 with a simply philosophy: to provide the highest quality and innovation, delivered with integrity and a commitment to safety. Brown Brothers has become one of the largest employers in the area, and the largest parking lot maintenance company in Colorado. We also built a stellar reputation.
Since our founding, we have operated with honesty, integrity and character. We always stand behind our work. Maybe that’s why commercial property managers, facility managers, and community association managers choose use for their asphalt and concrete needs.
The Grading Foreperson is responsible for providing direct in-field supervision of a crew working on grading phases of construction. They are also responsible for maintaining and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of all areas of work under their direction and control. Additionally, the Grading Foreperson serves as the front-line Safety Officer for the site/project, and is directly responsible for the safety of their crew.
- Survey layout for grading (including operation of a survey laser and staking);
- Manage a team of up to six grading operators in material export/import and grading.
- Oversee the work and ensure it runs according to project plan
- Responsible for complete safety on jobsite.
- Track and record all quantities
- Control change orders
- Verify ordered materials
- Complete daily timesheets, daily diary, and quality check per phase in addition to a weekly safety meeting report.
- Build and apply a job progression plan
- Operate motor vehicles and equipment necessary for completion of projects
- Understand soils and compaction, schedule testing beyond the 1st day.
- Confirm and perform layout/grading, compare survey to plans and survey to estimated grades
- Assess job priorities and assign employees to appropriate job tasks
- Make sure company rules are followed by crew
- Ensure that employees have tools and equipment needed for job in order to ensure safety and production
- Ensure all equipment is safe and ready for operation at all times
- Comply with all OSHA policies
- Report ALL accidents, damages and violations.
Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2422270