Concrete Division Manager
Since 1996, Brown Brothers Asphalt and Concrete has become Colorado's most trusted asphalt and concrete construction, maintenance, and repair company. Brown Brothers sets the standard for how companies in our industry should do business. With more than 250 employees and over 1,000 jobs completed each year, we deliver the highest quality paved surfaces and service on every job. We seek individuals who are skilled, dependable, honest, and who believe safety is a priority. Whether in the office or on the job site, you'll find a team of hard-working, dedicated people working together to provide the best possible solutions and experience for our customers and employees alike. BBAC is the perfect company for self-starting individuals with the right skills and attitude to build their careers.
To directly manage and lead a Team of more than 60 employees while, planning, directing and administering policies and goals for a regional office. Areas of management include influencing Team Members toward continual improvement in safety, profitability, performance, work competency and growth. Provide leadership and direction that maximize the company goals of safety, quality, profit and client service. Seek out continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Lead, influence and manage day-to-day activities of division staff in line with established policies, practices and procedures. Direct reports include Concrete Superintendents and Support Staff.
- Assist directly in establishing long and short-term planning of objectives and projects.
- Effectively manage overall planning and implementation of division projects.
- Directly manage the department, providing leadership, support, coaching and overall performance management.
- Set clear expectations for teams, communicate and follow-up regularly, and hold team members accountable.
- Provide division with appropriate staff, resources, and direction required to fulfill business development, financial, estimating, and operational goals.
- Oversee performance of design and construction phase of contract commitments to ensure profitability and timely execution of work.
- Maintain close contact with PM, owner and architect/engineer for large projects with concrete scope.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work on all small concrete project concrete operations.
- Provide energetic leadership and experience in managing construction projects with emphasis on concrete.
- Represent company in new business opportunities through contacts with parties who are a critical part of new project possibilities.
- Ensure projects and programs are planned, executed and supported efficiently to maximize the client's expectations, meeting schedule and budget.
- Participates in weekly, or as needed, opportunity analysis discussions with operations team and work in collaboration to execute strategic plan to achieve goals.
- Secure follow-up work with existing clients based on quality and performance.
- Read, understand, explain complex engineering and architectural design plans while ensuring work conforms to plans.
- Advise Sales Team on preparing bids, estimates and budgets for complex projects.
Financial/Budget & Cost Control:
- Develop revenue and profit projections.
- Review, monitor and control project budgets (small projects) while exercising cost control on PM projects to ensure achievement of revenue and growth projections.
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- 5-15 years of experience leading large teams in a civil construction setting; project management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, decision-making ability, strong MS Office and quantitative reasoning skills required.
- Strong track record of effective management of construction work, resulting in completion of contracts within time and cost limits required
- Track record of solid decision making in complex environments as well as willingness to take calls outside of normal business hours required.
- Experience as Concrete Finisher, Foreman or Super is a plus.
- Experience in negotiating and controlling lump sum and unit price contracts is preferred.
Brown Brothers Asphalt & Concrete Corp.
Number of Openings
Post Internal Days
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2311937