Since 1996, Brown Brothers Asphalt and Concrete has become Colorado’s most trusted asphalt and concrete construction, maintenance, and repair company. Brown Brothers sets the standard for how companies in our industry should do business. With more than 250 employees and over 1,000 jobs completed each year, we deliver the highest quality paved surfaces and service on every job. We seek individuals who are skilled, dependable, honest, and who believe safety is a priority. Whether in the office or on the job site, you'll find a team of hard-working, dedicated people working together to provide the best possible solutions and experience for our customers and employees alike. BBAC is the perfect company for self-starting individuals with the right skills and attitude to build their careers.
Under the direction of the Director of Construction, the Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting and supporting the operations team to safely manage operations and risk by assisting in the development of policies to promote organizational safety culture and awareness. The goal is to support the creation of a healthy and safe work environment.
Duties, Responsibility and Physical Requirements:
- Perform administrative tasks for the Safety function
- Schedule, set-up and deliver safety training
- Develop and maintain safety related reports
- Facilitate the process for incident investigation and determination of lessons learned
- Report and communicate progress on all insurance claims
- Actively participate and eventually lead our Safety Task Force meetings
- Track all safety data. Report information in various formats (i.e. OSHA 300 log)
- Perform safety observations, provide immediate feedback and provide proper documentation
- Copy / Scan / Fax/ File safety related documents
- Answer safety related calls from the public and prepare responses to issues
- Manage follow-up of safety tasks
- Other administrative duties as required
Experience and Requirements:
- Computer / Software skills including strong demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers and explain discrepancies, work order directions, etc.
- Customer service skills with exceptional customer skills a must.
- Must maintain a strong focus on internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Written communication skills including the ability to read/write and interpret documents. Must be able to concisely explain policies and guidelines to customers in letters, memos, and e-mails as needed.
- Other work related skills such as strong attention to detail, exceptional time and organizational management and the ability to multi-task are all required for this position.
- Although not required, safety / DOT related experience within the construction industry is helpful.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidate strongly preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to provide legal right to work in the U.S. as BBAC participates in E-Verify
- 2 to 4 year degree in construction management or similar field.
- May substitute education for field experience.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary
- Company Paid Life
- Voluntary Life
- HSA Account
- Company Contribution to HAS Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurances through AFLAC
Job Status: Full Time